The power of events is incredible - - so is the impact of a wonderful team! I have loved being a part of thousands of events that impact our community for the greater good!
- What is your DGE super power: This is tough! I am able to negotiate contracts to create a win-win for our clients and vendor partners…and navigate the waters of a small business with a lot of wonderful personalities under one roof!
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Tough choice - maybe a place like Macys so I could purchase something for every room of the house and my closet!
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: I have been lucky to do quite a few - skydive, surf, bungee jump, scuba dive the barrier reef, run the Boston Marathon, eat my way through Italy!
- One thing still on it: Visit Iguazu Falls in South America!
After many years in the non-profit event space, I have come to know that events are my jam. I have had the opportunity to work with amazing companies and nonprofits to raise funds, strengthen the awareness of their brand, and build community. I am thrilled to be on this power team at Do Good Events who are leading the way in innovative events that impact our community. I love the way we value partnership at Do Good Events and the passion that our team brings to every project. When I am working on an event, I know the stakes are high and I am determined to bring my best to every aspect of the event in order to elevate it and bring the experience to the next level.
I thrive on the unique challenges that each event presents and doing whatever it takes to strategize, organize, and execute to overcome these challenges. I am energized by the excitement, business, and unique character of events. Living in my strengths is extremely important to me in my everyday life and I am blessed to have found a career that allows me to do this every day.
When I am not working on the next big event, you will find me spending time with my husband, Dana, and our kids, Titus and Chapel. My happy place is anytime spent on the lake, camping, or biking. When the winter keeps me indoors, I will spend hours putting together puzzles, watching movies, and enjoying copious amounts of apple cider and tea.
- What is your DGE super power: My super power is taking my clients dreams, pinterest boards, and pie in the sky ideas and helping them realize that it CAN be a reality with just a little but of creative thinking.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Does it have to be an one place?!?! I could easily go wild at a Home Depot or do some major shoe shopping at Opitz - or just let me loose on AMAZON!
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: To run a destination 1/2 marathon before I turn 30 - Honolulu Hapalua 2018
- One thing still on it: Hike Rim to Rim in the Grand Canyon
- Something you should know: I am chainsaw, jackhammer and forklift certified, so whatever your event throws at me, "I got this"!
An internship in college provided my first glimpse into the world of event planning. After that, I was hooked. The thrill of event day is like no other! My background is filled with success in large spectator events, client services and sponsorship activation. It’s been an adventure working with a variety of organizations and wonderful people.
I’m so delighted to be part of the Do Good Events team and contribute to the high standard of event execution we pride ourselves on event after event.
Outside the fast paced world of event planning, I like to slow things down by spending time with my husband and two kids. We like to stay active with our CrossFit gym and various kid activities. I love to be outside (nature is my friend) and if I have some alone time it’s usually spent reading.
- What is your DGE super power: Organizing and arranging - making sure all the event pieces fit together perfectly.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Lululemon. I’m so happy to live in the time of athleisure.
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Skydiving, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
- One thing still on it: Travel to Australia.
- Something you should know: I can balance a 9 pound bowling ball on my head.
Lucie Jane Mulligan
LUCIE JANE MULLIGAN
- What is your DGE super power: My empathy! I have a huge heart and wear it on my sleeve.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Oooo, are Kayak.com or Airbnb.com options??
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Finding my dream career where I can help people achieve their event aspirations!
- One thing still on it: Visit our family in Edinburgh! (Tentatively scheduled for Summer 2021!)
- Something you should know: I thrive under pressure; I've designed and printed 200 copies of a last minute program in under 90 minutes, so whatever your event throws at me: I got it!
The power of face-to-face marketing and events has been the focus of my professional career for more than 15 years. Working with clients to help them achieve an environment and space where people can connect, gain educational and professional insights, network, and grow is so rewarding.
I love event management because I’m regularly tapping into both the creative and strategic sides of myself. I also try to anticipate and minimize areas where snags may come into play and be prepared with a Plan B, (C, and D) “just in case.” However, there are also those times that I need to think “fast on my feet,” and I’m happy to take a deep breath, stay calm, and dive in to find a solution.
Outside of work, I love to travel and experience new places and cultures. I also love to downhill ski, scuba dive, bike, and take walks along the lake that’s just three blocks from my home.
- What is your DGE super power: Being able to break down, organize, and manage the tasks it will take to get to the finish line while never losing sight of the all-important “Big Picture.”
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card?AAA Travel Store. I can spend hours looking at all the different suitcases, backpacks, travel books, and accessories while dreaming of my next trip.
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Spending a week on a Live-Aboard Dive Boat (Cayman Islands at the turn of the millennium (Y2K). I thought if computers go down and I get stuck somewhere – I might as well be on a dive boat in the Cayman Islands)
- One thing still on it:Live at least one year in another country.
- Something you should know: Before my career in events, I made a living as the lead singer in a 6-piece pop/rock cover band. We traveled throughout the US and also had the honor of entertaining US troops in Asia and Europe.
Event planning, organizing, multi-tasking – all things that come easy to me. They say to find something you are good at, enjoy…and then do it. That is something I’ve committed to achieving in every opportunity that has come my way. After many years working in the PR/marketing world, where events was a key focus, I decided to transition into wedding and event planning. Handling every detail from A to Z gave me an opportunity to exercise my creativity, sense of style, “can do” attitude and ability to manage many moving parts.
Additionally, I am a yoga and fitness instructor at a studio in Edina. After taking yoga training several years ago, I found a love and skill for teaching.
Outside of working, I love spending time with my husband Patrick and our two kids – Maryn and Gavin. I love to travel, try new restaurants, stay active with varied workouts (yoga, strength training, running, etc.) and spend time with family and friends.
- What is your DGE super power: Organizing and multi-tasking
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Nordstrom and Zara (too hard to pick one!)
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Traveling to many places in Europe (with my favorite being Paris and the coastal towns in Spain, France & Italy), traveling to New Zealand (where I did skydiving and bungee jumping in the same day!) and attempting to surf in Costa Rica. My husband is a big surfer so I tried, but IT.WAS.SO.HARD!
- One thing still on it: Travel to South America, Africa and Thailand.
- Something you should know: I’m a morning person. That terrifies many people, but I can wake right up and go!
Ever since I can remember, I've loved going to and planning events. Whether it is a small birthday party, large gala, or casual fundraising event, I love it all! After working in Finance and Marketing for over 12 years, I've always found myself drawn to and assigned to the event planning needs big and small. You'd think I'd get my fix at work, but I love events so much that over the last five years I've spent my free time volunteering as an event and fundraising coordinator for a dog rescue.
When I'm not working or volunteering, you can find me attending and supporting local events (surprising I know), spending time with my pup, Ella, or traveling to see family.
- What is your DGE super power: Passion - I love helping organizations create and execute amazing events that I truly believe in and give my all to!
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Target - they get me every time I go there for something simple!
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Traveling around the world on a cruise ship
- One thing still on it: Checking out the restaurant and theater scene in NYC
- Something you should know: I'm a night owl. I'm happy to get up early if needed but I'm more than willing to help with those evening needs!
I love the feeling of accomplishment when an event goes off without a hitch. Being newer to the event space, it has been rewarding to see how events bring together communities, rally people around a cause, and ultimately raise money to chip away at real world issues!
My background is within career coaching and internship management in higher education. Within my roles I often planned job fairs and career-related events, and also oversaw large grants. After 6 years in this space, it became clear to me that I thrived most when I was leading a project and seeing it through to completion. Translating this skill to event administration has been a natural leap, and I love supporting Do Good Events’ planners!
When I am not working on the next big event, I am usually spending time with my sweet family. I have been married to my best friend, David, for 10 years and have two young children: Addie and Brennan. When I find time for myself I love trying out new Minneapolis restaurants, spending time at my family’s lake home, going on walks in Minnesota parks, and, just to keep it really honest… watching dumb reality TV shows!
- What is your DGE super power: My super power is filling in the gaps when I don’t have all the information. I love taking a client request that is a little unformed and running with it! Oftentimes I come up with something they didn’t even know they wanted.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Definitely TJ Maxx or Home Goods!
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: To run a 10 miler - I didn’t think I could do it because I’m not the most athletic person; but I did it just one year postpartum!
- One thing still on it: To see Italy and Greece
- Something you should know: I love to sing and recently had the honor of singing a solo in a friend’s wedding.
I've been involved in marketing and events in different capacities since college. From fundraising events, to athletic championships, to client socials, I've always loved seeing an event from the planning all the way through to the execution. I am currently the marketing and outreach director for a local business. My husband and I have three daughters and reside in the south metro. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, exercising, and cheering my kids on in their many activities.
- What is your DGE super power: Organization & Preparation. I'd rather hurry up and wait than be forced to rush at the end.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Target or Home Goods for fun, Home Depot when I'm in the mood for fun home projects.
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: I've run a half marathon which I always wanted to do!
- One thing still on it: I'd love to go to Ireland!
- Something you should know: I love morning workouts - my husband and I typically workout at 5:30am. It energizes me so I'm ready to take on the day!
I have always enjoyed event planning and have been involved in many school and nonprofit events throughout the years. Now that I am retired from 38 years in Corporate America, I am excited to put my passion into action and do something I love, implementing an event from beginning to end. I love to understand the client's goal and put the magic together to implement that goal.
My husband and I have two sons and a daughter in law and reside in the northwest metro. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, volunteering, and shopping.
- What is your DGE super power: Relationships and Execution. I love to build relationships with our clients and then figure out the best approach to execute it to success.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? Sam’s Club and Target or Home Goods
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Going to Ireland, our son study abroad so it was a great time to take that trip.
- One thing still on it: I'd love to take my family on a trip to Alaska
- Something you should know: I love learning from all personality types and have a passion to bring their different ideas together that maximizes the talents of each person to achieve the vision whatever it may be.
I have been a freelance writer for over 20 years, writing for publications like Minnesota Monthly and Eater Twin Cities, focusing on food and lifestyle. I love the flexibility and access such career affords me, who doesn’t want to go behind the scenes at their favorite restaurant’s kitchen?
I am a life-long connector. I have uttered the phrase “You know who you should meet…” more times than I can remember. I love watching connections I helped create grow into success for all involved, there is nothing more rewarding.
Through my writing career, I am often invited to attend a variety of events. I realized I thrive in those environments and began working events in a myriad of positions, from planning and coordinating to selling chips and pop at school fundraisers. Watching it all come to life is magical.
After several years volunteering for the Minnesota State Fair, a colleague there told me about Do Good Events. I am so grateful to be a part of such a welcoming, exciting, and creative team.
- What is your DGE super power: I like to keep a very close eye on the lead planner - some might call it stalking - to make sure I anticipate her needs. I am here to take things off the lead’s plate as much as possible.
- Which store would you like to max out your credit card? That’s easy: Delta Airlines
- One thing I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List: Just booked a trip to Italy and Croatia!
- One thing still on it: The travel bucket list is never ending.
- Something you should know: I am fluent in Hebrew, which, not surprisingly, does not come in all that handy in Minnesota.