The 2015 event season has started with full steam ahead! Are you curious as to what has been hot and trending for this year? Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, an evening fundraiser or even a groom’s dinner, here are a few things to watch for from Do Good Events:
- First things first, color! The Pantone color of the year for 2015 is Marsala. Pantone describes the color as “subtly seductive, impactful and full-bodied.” This rich color trend is perfect for any occasion and will be seen throughout the year.
- When it comes to seating forget tablecloths! You will see more rustic events with a bit of charm added for ambiance. Long wooden tables (ideal for family style), are on trend as well as benches. This setting will create intimate and informal events which is also an exciting new movement.
- Food will always remain an imperative piece in the event spectrum. Creating intimacy can be done through a family style meal. This is a great way for guests to meet one another and creates conversation as a table just like a family dinner!
- Over 50+ breweries reside in Minnesota alone. Beer and wine will remain a staple for an event but 2015 is taking it a step further. Living in the twin cities, you know that the craft beer scene has become outstanding! Integrate the community at your event buy offering a selection from local distributors.
- Not only is this awesome dessert trending in 2015 but it’s absolutely delicious….stacked cookies! From chocolate chip to snickerdoodle (or a combo of both), will be spotted at all styles of events.
- Décor has one requirement: flowers and greenery! There is not one particular flower that has hit the scene in 2015 however; dahlias, peonies and garden roses have paved the way. New trends such as flower walls, berries and wearable flowers are also in!
- Taking décor a step further, you will see different textures brought through by copper, bronze and gold. This can be done through event lighting, dishware, linens or much more.
- Music this year is going old school! Vinyl is making a comeback so quickly that manufacturing companies can’t keep up with production. When you attend events in 2015, don’t be surprised to see the DJ spinning original music or covers of classics.
The trends for 2015 look unique, fresh and exciting! From food and beverage to décor and music, there are many pieces to look forward to when you attend or host your next event.