It’s that time of year once again, the Minnesota State Fair is here! Did you know that our fair has been voted in the top 5 best state fairs in the United States? Here are a few reasons why Do Good Events loves the fair:
- All you can drink milk. When snacking on cookies and other great treats, how can you pass it up?
- The Miracle of Birth Center. Not only a miracle but very educational.
- The Giant Slide. Makes anyone feel like a kid again!
- The Grand Stand. Toby Keith, Aretha Franklin, Journey, and need I say more?
- FOOD!! We all have our favorites but check out the new spread.
To help you enjoy the many reasons, here are a few helpful tips for your day at the fair:
- Park free and ride free! There are many places available for you to hitch a ride to the fair. Here is a link with the full list.
- Military Appreciation Day. On Tuesday, August 26th, the fair will show gratitude to the heroes of our nation with discounts and special events. If you are a Veteran business owner consider attending this AUSA conference we are a part of on September 17th.
- Did you know that the State Fair has a bargain book? Over $900 in discounts off food, merchandise and rides. You can purchase the book ahead for $4 at Cub Foods and online by clicking here.
- The free Minnesota State Fair App can help you in many different ways. This helpful tool was created especially for fair fans. It includes the Food Finder, The Merch and More Search and Fun Finder tools to help you find your way. It is free to download from an iPhone or Android.
- We all know it is going to be a hot one so stay hydrated! The State Fair has refill stations all over the grounds. Take advantage of the shade when possible and drink lots, and lots, and lots of water!
If you would like more details about the Minnesota State Fair please visit, http://www.mnstatefair.org. And, although summer is coming to an end, we look forward to celebrating the Great Minnesota Get Together!