Fundraising and Event Logistics in the Virtual Event Era
On May 27,2020, Do Good Events hosted a virtual conference that brought together non-profit planners to learn about the latest best practices for planning for and executing their upcoming virtual events. We also discussed safety for when we can return to live events. It was a wonderful, high energy day that we are quite excited about. Below is an overview of the day and information on how to access the recordings from the day.
Welcome + Intro to the Virtual Events Era
Kalsey Beach – Do Good Events
- Experiencing COVID as an event planner – the highs and lows and how we move forward with enthusiasm and innovation.
- Attendee Survey Results
Lori Jacobwidth – Ignited Fundraising
Jake Blumberg – GiveMN
Danielle Hokanson – OneCause
- Sponsorship – how to make the ask right now, what are sponsors looking for.
- Tips for messaging during this time.
- How to ensure success of your online fundraising
In-Kind Donation and Sponsorship
Hannah Hegman – Do Good Events
- In-Kind Donor Survey Results
- How to increase your results for in-kind donor solicitations.
- Recognition on Sponsors in virtual events
- Sponsor packets and opportunities for virtual and hybrid events
Sarah Knox – Sarah the Auctioneer
- Best practices for your live auction and fund-a-need
- Trending items
- How to leverage your team for more success
Virtual Event Case Study
Laura Grant – CCRF
- Hear how Children’s Cancer Research Fund executed their virtual event and what they learned.
Virtual Experience Design Focused on Impact
Anthony Vade, Experience Architect – FMAV
- Explore the concept of Co-Creation and how to change your perspective so that the creation of a virtual event is an opportunity, not settling.
Creative Event Styles & Engagement
Hannah Hegman – Do Good Events
- Drive Through & Drive In Events
- Private View Event, Watch Parties
Joal McAlister – American Solutions for Business
- Donor engagement
- Taking your brand beyond the screen
- Branded PPE
Event Safety for When We Return to Live Events
Christopher Forest- Unparalleled Valet
Maari Cedar James – Chowgirls
Nicki Gavin – Hutton House
Greg Burt – Time into Pixels
- What will live events look like upon their return?
- Safety measures and how we can prepare
- Resources to keep you informed
Tracy Nielsen – HandsOn Twin Cities
- Volunteer opportunities in a virtual event landscape
- Volunteer resources for nonprofits
Virtual Event Technology
Josh Reitan – AV for You
- Tips & Tricks for your virtual event
- Technology platforms, cost, etc. – What you need to know
Be a Light, Not a Shadow
- How to step into each day and present yourself as you want to be remembered during this time of innovation and change.
Brave New Workshop
John Sweeney & Margi Simmons
Special recognition goes to John Sweeney and Margi Simmons of the Brave New Workshop who provided professional emcee service as well as a comedy break during lunch. A professional emcee is critical to smooth transitions and their additions of humor helped to keep the energy up all day long.
This was a wonderful day, and we know there are many who could benefit from the information provided, but were not able to attend on the day of the event.
Purchase the Recording
To purchase a downloadable recording of the day – please email email@example.com
Individual Sections – $20 each
Full Day – $100